Throwing Teacakes at the Moon

Throwing teacakes at the moon,
while I balance on a spoon,
The moon it throws the teacakes back,
They land on the ground with a crack.

Throwing teacakes at the sun,
The biscuit part is having fun,
The sun it makes the teacakes burn,
Will my throwing arm not learn?

Throwing teacakes at the stars,
It's foolish to think they'll get that far,
They float around in outer space,
Hitting astronauts in the face.

Throwing teacakes at the sea,
A tiny splash where they used to be,
They just sink down to the bottom,
To live with fish and the flotsam.

Throwing teacakes at the lake,
It doesn't like it, it throws a hake,
The hake it lands and splashes around,
Trying its best to swim on the ground.

Throwing teacakes to the future,
The way they go, it's against nature,
In the future they will collect them up,
To display them in a giant cup.

Throwing teacakes to the past,
They make the creatures die en masse,
Now I see why they're all gone,
It was the teacakes I shouldn't have thrown.

Throwing teacakes at the mountains,
They bounce back up just like a fountain,
Land near the hikers passing by,
Who put up they're hoods and wonder why.

Throwing teacakes at the trees,
The trees throw acorns back at me
The acorns hit me on the head,
They knock me down and now I'm dead.

Throwing teacakes at the moon,
It looked like fun but ended soon,
It led to throwing at other things,
It caused my death which kind of stings.

No comments:

Post a Comment